Company Name _The Retreat of Shawnee
Job Title _____Maintenance Supervisor
Address _____11128 W 76th Terrace
City _______Shawnee_____ State _____KS_____ Zip___66214_
Posting Date ___12/4/18_______ Closing Date _________
Shift _____9-6 M-F____________________ x Full-Time c Part Time
- 3+ years of general maintenance experience and at least 1+ year(s) in a multi-family, industrial or institutional work order environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent, college-level/trade school strongly preferred
- Certifications desired: boiler license, EPA, CPO, electrical, plumbing, first aide, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment, plumbing systems, electrical systems, all major appliances, pool and spa equipment and other community systems.
- Ability to read blueprints and diagrams
- Familiarity with Company policies and procedures
- Previous supervisory experience
- Computer proficiency, including MS Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- YARDI experience preferred
- Knowledge of Fair Housing regulations
Responsible for supervision of the general maintenance repairs, apartment make-ready process, preventive maintenance and construction or rehab projects for a multi-family apartment community.
- Supervises and schedules the activities of the service team.
- Works with the office team to determine the apartment make-ready schedule and work order assignment.
- Tracks the status of each make-ready and work order in YARDI.
- Sets and communicates schedules and work assignments for the service team.
- Instructs, in detail, on complicated or major tasks.
- Periodically checks the work progress of each service team member. Provides assistance and instruction as needed.
- Tours the property daily looking for needed maintenance and liability hazards. Communicates with the Community Manager on work needing to be done and resolves the issue.
- Works closely with the Community Manager on performance evaluations and any corrective counseling documentation for the service team.
- Coordinates and schedules all safety and skills training for the service team.
- Recruits, interviews and participates in the selection of service team members.
- Coordinates, schedules and responds to work orders for occupied units.
- Determines with the office staff work order priority.
- Assigns work orders to Service Technicians equally and monitors their progress.
- Completes work orders, as needed.
- Monitors work order call backs and works to minimize the time spent on call backs.
- Coordinates, schedules and prepares vacant units for move-in.
- Walks all vacancies to determine make-ready needs. Coordinates with the Community Manager on scheduling make-ready units. Communicates the need for replacement of any major appliances, carpet, etc.
- Ensures that all trash removal, cleaning, repairs and replacements have been completed, per the make-ready checklist and the checklist is complete and accurate.
- Coordinates, schedules and performs community preventive maintenance.
- Responsible for the timely completion of all scheduled preventive maintenance.
- Communicates any unscheduled preventive maintenance requirements to the Community Manager and works together on a plan to resolve.
- Orders supplies, schedules vendors/contractors and manages the maintenance budget
- Coordinates with the Office Team and Service Team to determine supply and equipment requirements. Ensures receipt of all approvals prior to placing orders for large expenditures and unbudgeted items.
- Schedules and coordinates contractors/vendors for approved jobs.
- Provides input to the Community Manager for the annual budgeting process.
- Supports and adheres to all safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties and special projects as requested by management.
- Attendance is an essential function of the job.
On an intermittent basis, will be exposed to activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, twisting, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light and heavy loads, 0lbs – 50lbs+), climbing stairs and ladders and walking on rooftops. Must be able to use and wear required safety equipment.
On a frequent basis, will be exposed to the outdoors. Will also have light to moderate exposure to injuries. Will be exposed to low-level noise. Hazards can be minimized with proper technique and safety equipment. Will be required to work overtime and odd schedules. Will be required to respond to after hour’s service calls and emergencies.
Contact Name ___Kelli Tagg, Property Manager
Phone ____913-227-4124 Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org__