JVM Realty – Eastland Trails Apartments
Brief Position Description: The primary responsibilities of the Service Technician are to perform maintenance service requests, apartment make readies and assist the Community Manager and Service Supervisor/Service Manager, if applicable, in maintaining the physical appearance and integrity of the community. This involves insuring a safe, clean and comfortable living environment for residents and visitors. The Service Technician will also walk the community in order to enhance and maintain its curb appeal and to ensure that all apartments are thoroughly restored to “market ready” condition in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts all business in accordance with and knowledge of pertinent local, state, and federal safety laws, procedures, guidelines, including those of the EPA, OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
- Regularly walks the community to identify potential issues needing attention and either addresses the issue or alerts his/her supervisor of the issue, recommends potential solutions.
- Identifies and performs maintenance needs in apartments which may include the following:
- Inspect, repair or replace lights and change breakers.
- Inspect, repair or replace windows, latches, screens, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors, etc.
- Inspect, repair, replace or remove appliances.
- Inspect, repair or replace faucets, sink plugs, tiles in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Operate a hand rodder for plumbing back ups and inspect, repair or replace water heaters.
- Repair drywall, prep and paint.
- Inspect, repair or replace ceiling fans, light fixtures, etc.
- Change locks
- Hang and plumb doors.
- Replace flooring with VCT and sheet vinyl.
- Inspect and change A/C filters.
- Clean and maintain maintenance shop and storage areas, ensuring these areas remain locked when not in use.
- Perform other types of repairs/maintenance as requested by his/her supervisor.
- Inspect apartment homes, interior and exterior conditions of the buildings and grounds to perform routine, preventative maintenance completing the JVM 8 point preventative maintenance checklist.
- Complete service requests within 48 hours.
- Complete apartment make ready turn within 5-8 business days, completing the move-in and move-out inspection form.
- Clean and maintain pool conditions and test pool chemical levels
- Is aware of the location for all utility meter shut-offs, apartment and fixture shut-offs, and sewer cleanouts.
- Perform “trash-out” of vacated apartments and remove all abandoned furniture, trash, boxes, etc.
- Attends or completes training courses and complies with all company safety rules.
- Immediately reports all unsafe conditions to supervisors.
Statement of Expectation:
JVM associates make a commitment to residents, fellow associates and JVM’s business partners to consistently deliver a superior customer experience. All associates are expected to demonstrate Respect, Integrity, Commitment, Professionalism, and Accountability, which are JVM’s Core Values. JVM associates work hard and have high standards. They align themselves with JVM’s vision: to be an industry leader and the preferred choice for residents, associates and investors, recognized for the service we deliver, opportunities we create and the values by which we live.
Requirements of Position:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must understand and be able to read the English language
- Two (2) years property management maintenance experience
- Experienced in electrical, plumbing, HVAC and carpentry.
- Must be knowledgeable of all safety features for equipment, machinery, tools or materials.
- Excellent customer service skills and good written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to perform effectively as a member of a small community team, taking direction from supervisor(s).
- High level of initiative and ability to complete tasks assigned efficiently and completely.
- Flexibility to perform a wide variety of tasks in a thorough and prompt manner.
- Must pass the physical exam administered at the medical facility.
Work Hours: 40 hours per week, some weekends and on-call after hour’s emergency work.
Equipment/Machinery/Tools: Equipment/Machinery/Tools: All maintenance employees are expected to own the following tools listed in the minimum tool requirement section outlined below. In addition to the tool requirement, an appropriate tool box, tool bag or tool pouch must be carried.
Minimum Tool Requirement: Hammer, Phillips screwdrivers #’s 1, 2, 3,standard screwdrivers 1/8”, 1/4”, 5/16”, nut Drivers 1/4”, 5/16”, 3/8”, combination wrenches 1/4 “– 7/8 “, adjustable wrenches 8” & 10”, Allen wrench set, 2 pipe wrenches (16” minimum), complete socket set (3/8” or 1/2”), cordless drill (minimum 12 volt), set of drill bits 1/16 to 1/2″, tape measure – 25’, channel locks, vise grips, standard pliers, needle nose pliers, hacksaw, electrical tester (voltmeter), circular hand saw, taping knifes 2” & 6”, small level.
Driving and Traveling Requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance for personal vehicle transportation throughout the community to complete apartment home inspections and repairs or to pick up replacement parts and supplies from vendors, when approved by the supervisor. Approximately, 10% of the time.
Certifications/Licenses: Type I & II Certification
ADA Physical Requirements of the Position:
- Snow removal to include shoveling and snow blowing walk ways and stairs in the community
- Must be able to perform outdoor job functions in all weather conditions, approximately 25% of the time
- Must be able to lift up to 80lbs, approximately10% of the time
- Must be able to climb stairs, approximately 10% of the time
- Must be able to walk the community grounds, approximately 15% of the time
- Must be able to climb a ladder approximately 5% of the time
JVM Realty is an equal opportunity employer.