The Residences at New Longview Apartments – JVM Realty
Lee’s Summit, MO
Brief Position Description: The primary responsibilities of the Service Supervisor l is to assign, coordinate and perform maintenance service requests and apartment “make readies” with the other Service Technicians and to maintain adequate inventory of parts, supplies and maintenance materials to allow for the timely completion of common repair and maintenance needs. The Service Supervisor l reports the status of maintenance activities to the Community Manager and assists the Service Technicians in maintaining the physical appearance and integrity of the community. This involves insuring a safe, clean and comfortable living environment for residents and visitors. The Service Supervisor l will also walk the community in order to enhance and maintain its curb appeal and to ensure that all apartments are thoroughly restored to “market ready” condition in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts all business in accordance with and knowledge of pertinent local, state, and federal safety laws, procedures, guidelines, including those of the EPA, OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
- Create and schedule daily tasks for Service Technicians and create the weekly on-call emergency maintenance schedule.
- Create and schedule regular exterior building, interior common area and grounds inspections to identify cleanliness or repair issues.
- Create service request to document all identified issues needing follow-up action.
- Promptly notify Community Manager when an outside contractor is needed to diagnose and/or remedy an issue because of maintenance staff skill or resource imitations.
- Identify, assign and perform maintenance needs in apartments which may include the following:Inspect, repair or replace lights and change breakers, Inspect, repair or replace windows, latches, screens, doors, hinges, sliding glass doors, shelves, baseboards, mirrors, etc. and Inspect, repair, replace or removes appliances
- Inspect, repair or replace faucets, sink plugs, tiles in kitchens and bathrooms.
- Repair or replace broken plumbing pipes
- Operate a hand or power rodder for plumbing back ups
- Inspect, repair or replace water heaters.
- Repair drywall, prep and paint.
- Inspect, repair or replace window coverings, ceiling fans, light fixtures, switch plates, etc.
- Change or re-pin locks
- Hang and plumb doors.
- Install VCT and sheet vinyl flooring
- Inspect and change A/C filters.
- Schedule vendors as necessary.
- Inspect and perform interior and exterior conditions of the apartment homes, buildings and grounds to perform routine, preventative maintenance, completing the JVM 8 point preventative maintenance checklist.
- Disperse and ensure the Service Technician(s) complete service requests within 48 hours.
- Ensure apartment make ready turns are completed within 5-8business days, completing the move-in and move-out inspection form
- Inspect and evaluate the performance of all maintenance vendors and the capital project work.
- Clean and maintain maintenance shop and storage areas, ensuring these areas remain locked when not in use.
- Participate in creating the budget process and managing to the performance of the maintenance financials for the community.
- Familiar with JVM maintenance service agreements and capital contracts with the ability to hold the vendor accountable to the terms of the service agreement or contract.
- Maintains accurate records in Onesite, facilities, regarding preventative maintenance, received and completed service requests, online maintenance supply orders.
- Clean and maintain pool conditions and test pool chemical levels
- Is aware of the location for all utility meter shut-offs, apartment and fixture shut-offs, and sewer cleanouts.
- Perform or assign “trash-out” of vacated apartments and remove all abandoned furniture, trash, boxes, etc.
- Attends or completes training courses and complies with all company safety rules.
- Immediately reports all unsafe conditions to supervisors.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Statement of Expectation:
JVM associates make a commitment to residents, fellow associates and JVM’s business partners to consistently deliver a superior customer experience. All associates are expected to demonstrate Respect, Integrity, Commitment, Professionalism, and Accountability, which are JVM’s Core Values. JVM associates work hard and have high standards. They align themselves with JVM’s vision: to be an industry leader and the preferred choice for residents, associates and investors, recognized for the service we deliver, opportunities we create and the values by which we live.
Requirements of Position:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must understand and be able to read the English language
- Two (2) years property management maintenance experience
- Supervisory experience of one (1) year or more for non JVM associates
- Basic computer skills including the ability to access the Internet, use Microsoft Outlook to send and receive emails, Microsoft word to prepare documents and property management software.
- Experienced in the maintenance and repair of electrical, plumbing, carpentry and HVAC
- Interviewing and coaching skills
- Excellent customer service skills and good written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to perform effectively as a member of a small community team, taking direction from supervisor(s) and directing daily maintenance tasks to the service team.
- High level of initiative and ability to complete tasks assigned efficiently and completely.
- Flexibility to perform a wide variety of tasks in a thorough and prompt manner.
- Must be knowledgeable of all safety features for equipment, machinery, tools or materials.
- Must pass the physical exam administered at the medical facility.
Work Hours: 40 hours per week, some weekends and on-call after hour’s emergency work.
Equipment/Machinery/Tools: All maintenance employees are expected to own the following tools listed in the minimum tool requirement section outlined below. In addition to the tool requirement, an appropriate tool box, tool bag or tool pouch must be carried.
Minimum Tool Requirement:
Hammer, Phillips screwdrivers #’s 1, 2, 3,standard screwdrivers 1/8”, 1/4”, 5/16”, nut Drivers 1/4”, 5/16”, 3/8”, combination wrenches 1/4 “– 7/8 “, adjustable wrenches 8” & 10”, Allen wrench set, 2 pipe wrenches (16” minimum), complete socket set (3/8” or 1/2”), cordless drill (minimum 12 volt), set of drill bits 1/16 to 1/2″, tape measure – 25’, channel locks, vise grips, standard pliers, needle nose pliers, hacksaw, electrical tester (voltmeter), circular hand saw, taping knifes 2” & 6”, small level.
Driving and Traveling Requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance for personal vehicle transportation throughout the community to complete apartment home inspections and repairs or to pick up replacement parts and supplies from vendors. Approximately 10% of the time.
Certifications/Licenses: Universal HVAC Certification
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervises up to two (2) service technicians
ADA Physical Requirements of the Position:
- Snow removal to include shoveling and snow blowing walk ways and stairs in the
- Must be able to perform job functions outdoors, in all weather conditions, approximately 25% of the time
- Must be able to lift up to 80lbs, approximately10% of the time
- Must be able to climb stairs approximately 10% of the time
- Must be able to walk the Community grounds, approximately 15% of the time
- Must be able to climb a ladder approximately 5% of the time
- Must be able to sit at computer or desk approximately 20% of the time
JVM Realty is an equal opportunity employer.